We are looking for a talented account executive to join the FitzMartin team! FitzMartin is a sales and marketing consultancy based in Birmingham, and we help our clients improve the ROI of their sales and marketing efforts. Our account executives are the bridge between our clients and our team. They are a vital part of how we work together and serve our clients.
We are big believers in the science of behavioral change applied to marketing and sales, and that all people move through six specific stages on the path to making a change. When you apply the six stages to the customer decision journey, you have a framework to help clients make change happen, with new or existing customers. This framework is the starting point for all work with our clients, eventually, you’ll be expected to know this framework so well that you can teach it to our clients!
We are a tight-knit group - we all do a little bit of everything. You’ll probably work, at one point or another, on all of our clients, giving you exposure to an array of different industries and different problems to solve. Our clients typically are in the 5MM to 150MM revenue size. You’ll report to the Director of Client Services, and should strive to develop deep, meaningful relationships with your clients.
At FitzMartin, we use the EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) framework management style, which means we meet frequently about our own business, and each employee has quarterly “rocks” that are the most important things they can do to help us meet our quarterly and annual business goals. In lieu of a formal annual review, your ability to complete your rocks will serve as an indicator of how you are performing! Client satisfaction and client growth will be key focus areas for this role.
- Daily management of client projects and activities
- Daily/weekly communication with clients, via email, phone calls, in person meetings, etc.
- Understanding of inbound marketing, digital and traditional marketing concepts and strategies
- Understanding of the behavioral change framework as applied to the customer decision journey, and tools and behaviors that are effective in moving a person from one stage to the next.
- Understanding of your client’s industry and company - what challenges they face, from competitors, from regulations, and from the industry in general.
- Working with the creative director to write meaningful creative work plans for new projects
- Working closely with the project manager to create project budgets and timelines
- Writing project and retainer agreements
- Working with the strategist to devise a campaign that meets the client's needs and budget
- Presenting campaign ideas and estimates to clients
- Negotiating with clients, solving any problems and making sure deadlines are met
- Quality control of all work that is submitted to clients
- Monitoring all stages of campaigns to guarantee that they run smoothly
- Writing status reports throughout the duration of the project to keep clients and peers updated
- Creating and presenting quarterly campaign performance reports to clients, with detailed metrics, insights and goal measurement
- 3+ years experience as an account executive or similar role in an agency
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Digital marketing and social media acumen is a huge plus! You’ll really get our attention if you have working knowledge of Google AdWords, Google Analytics, social media platforms and marketing automation technologies (particularly HubSpot).
- An understanding of valuable marketing metrics, such as Customer Acquisition Cost, Customer Lifetime Value, Marketing ROI, Marketing Attributed Customers, Marketing Influenced Customers
- A proactive approach to client management
- A keen eye for detail and an understanding of budget restraints
- A personable and professional character that will allow you to build client rapport
- The confidence to give clients trust in your work
If interested please send your resume and an introduction email to email@example.com explaining why you'd be a great fit at FitzMartin!